Monday, June 29, 2015

Training 6/29-7/5

6/29- Perhaps a faint glimmer of hope.  I am going to try again to cut out all methyl donors including All in One.  No Urinary Amino Acid test results yet but I expect to get them any day now.
AM- Pathetic 2 mile at Gold's in 16:31 (8:15 pace) then popped a 2nd All In One and felt much worse.

PM- On an impulse, I picked up some Alanine at GNC after work.  Began feeling a bit better immediately and improved to 14:59 (7:29 pace) with splits of 7:26-7:33.  Alanine is an amino acid intended to block taurine (sulfur) absorption.  I'll call up the new denty tomorrow and we'll discuss what to do about the tooth on the end that contains an amalgam.
   IT'S WAY TOO SOON TO GET MY HOPES UP.
- I have officially scratched for Peachtree.  I'll have to pay for next year but my spot will be guaranteed if I choose to race this event.
Distance=4.0

6/30- AM- Continued improvement.  2 miles in 14:12 (7:06 pace) with a slight negative split (7:08-7:04) but I was working towards the end.

PM- Didn't plan on running this evening but did not want to waste a rare good weather day (low 80s and overcast).  Did 3 miles on Lakeshore in a solid 21:54 (7:18 pace).  Opened with a 7:32 then finished with a pair of 7:11s.  Tomorrow is a bigger test.  It will be my 2nd full day off methyl and 3rd day on Alanine. I will plan on taking the morning off then going to the Shak in the evening.
Distance=5.0

7/1- You could say that I failed the test.  I knew before lunchtime that going without any methyl was not going to work.  How did I do so well for so long without any methyl support?  The good news is that I was better after popping an All In One pill.  I wanted to run at the Shak but the weather was threatening so it was the Gold's 5.  I don't know my exact time but it was around 36 flat (7:10-7:15 pace).  Solid performance but it's still the right call to skip Peachtree.
Distance=5.0

7/2- Planned rest day.  I'm going to Atlanta as planned over the weekend but to visit Nick, not to race.

7/3- RELAPSE!  Can't say I'm surprised.  1 Mile in 8:40.  Appears that ADHS is the culprit and I still can't take Thym-Adren.  Not good news.  Will try more methyl to see what happens.

PM- Took half a TMG pill, which has been poison in the past and improved to 6:55 on Wisteria.  Down side in 3:37 then surged to a 3:18 on the UP side.  That's it for today.  Heading to Atlanta in a few hours.
Distance=2.0

7/4- Good call on skipping Peachtree.  The race was run in the driving rain and both Nick and I would have sucked.  Waited until afternoon to run on the Comet in steamy 80 degree conditions.  Did 3 miles in 23:45 (7:55 pace) with a brutal fade (11:11/12:34).  I would have been over 50 on the Peachtree course.  I am becoming more and more intolerant to ADHS but it seems like I CAN tolerate the TMG only because the alanine is reducing my sulfur burden.
Distance=3.0

7/5- More better with or without testing.  3 laps at Gold's with no adrenal support in 2:33 (7:39 pace) then popped 3 Thym-Adren pills and did the next 6 in 5:20 (8:00 pace) so I was significantly worse but it was NOT an extreme reaction.  Popped another TMG and improved a bit.  Ran the next 2 miles non-stop in 15:14 (7:37 pace) with a slight negative split.  Finished with an overall time of 23:07 (7:42 pace), which is an improvement over yesterday.  I'm staying with ADHS but the TMG should allow me to tolerate it.
Distance=3.0

Weekly summary:
Lots of changes this week.  I'm not going to comment now because I'll know more after I get the Urine test back.  The doc did ask me if I was taking any taurine, which most likely confirms that it was HIGH.  I should get the results any day now.
Distance= 22.0

No comments: