Sunday, May 17, 2015

Zinc and copper sensitivity

No relief in sight.  If I go a few days without taking the Liver, my system will demand more copper.  If I do take the Liver for more than 2-3 days, my system will demand more zinc and the cycle repeats itself.  I'm still running the Asheville 10K in 3 weeks and I may actually pull out something semi-respectable if I time the pills perfectly.  A half marathon at this point would almost certainly be a Gallowalk finish well over 2 hours.  All I have to do is finish in 2 more states and I've got the Half2Run completed.

I've pretty much reverted back to where I was in Adrenal Fatigue where a good day was 2-3 miles at 8:00 pace and a bad day was a total inability to run.

It is clear that zinc and copper are the problems and the likely SNP that is causing it is SOD, which I attempted to treat twice unsuccessfully.

Obviously, I need professional help and the full hour phone consult will be on May, 18 after work.  There may be other tests involved and it may take 3 more weeks to get a full plan from the doc.  In the meantime, I have a couple of ideas for some temporary relief:

1. Lay off all zinc and copper and try a thymus supp without those minerals.  I had a pretty good run with Lithium in 2009-10 but it eventually trashed my thyroid.  Standard Process has a thymus based product without zinc or copper that may be worth a shot.  However, at the end of the day, I know that I'll end up deficient in both minerals if I take it long-term.

2. Increase methylation with TMG (trimethyl glycine).  That will be tricky.  I tried DMG earlier in the year and it did indeed solve the zinc/copper sensitivity but the sensitivity to the DMG was worse.  Perhaps minute doses will help.

3.  St. John's Wort for depression.  It does work on MAO issues but it's got at best a 50/50 chance of being helpful.  If my dopamine is too high as it is, it could make it worse.



If this does not work out, everything I've done since my recovery from Adrenal Fatigue, including the website with its devotionals, will be all for naught and I'll never be the same again.

Update #1- Tried the thymus alone and it failed.  Struggled to a 7:53 finish in a 1 Mile.  TMG is next.

#2- TMG is likely a failure as well.  2 miles in 15:13 and my splits were 7:17-7:56 and felt very over-stimulated.

No comments: