Monday, January 26, 2015

Training 1/26-2/1

1/26- AM.  Just wanted to see how I felt after the quality 13 yesterday.  Unfortunately, I felt too good and cruised 2 miles in 13:40 (6:50 pace).

PM- Soreness is beginning to kick in a bit.  Easy 6 in 44-flat (7:20 pace).  Slipped a bit in the 2nd half (21:48-22:12) but that was by design after a too fast first 2 miles.  Good job.  A bit sore in the foot and shins despite taking plenty of Mag.  Added a cool down tribute.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=8.5

1/27- Another 6 miler at Gold's in 43:54 (7:19 pace).  This one was more comfortable than yesterday.  I set the cruise control to 7:20 and just let the engine run.  Each mile was between 7:16-7:21.  STRONG!  Still a little sore in shins but not concerned yet.
Grade:A/1 credit/distance=6.0

1/28- AM- Lakeshore 5 plus a warm and cool.  It seems that the group's pace is never right for me.  It's either above 8 or below 7.  Today, it was below 7 and I wisely let them go.  GPS did not cut on until 1.5 miles in and did the last 3.5 @ 7:24 pace and I figure that the overall average was around 7:30.  Not a bad run but I was clearly feeling the ill-effects of over-reaching.  Again, I repeat to my readers: How do I know the difference between over-reaching and chemical issues?  It's a very "different tiredness"  When I over-reach, I feel dazed and dreamy.  When there's chemical issues, I am lethargic and depressed.

PM- No running until tomorrow evening.  I hope to be sufficiently recovered for a moderate interval session.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=5.5

1/29- 400s at Pelham with a 2 minute jog recovery.  Did 8 reps in sets of 4 then allowed myself a full recovery then ran #9 all out.  1st 4 were all 81s, 2nd 4 were all 80s.  #9 was a solid 74.0.  Decent performance.  I'll be lenient on my first interval workout of the season.  I expect to be better next time.  If I had run 4 consecutive laps, I predict a time in the mid-high 5:30s so I've got a ways to go to get where I want to be.  Legs did not have much spring and power but I was not fully fresh.  In good position to win.
Grade:B+/2 credit/distance=4.0

1/30- Planned rest day.  Bad reaction to the liver last night.  I hope it will clear by tomorrow.  I will try one more time next week then I'm done with it until further notice.

1/31- Liver pill has NOT cleared.  That does it.  I'm done with that stuff until further notice.  Managed 5 miles and my time was so slow that I didn't even want to know.  Got dropped by the group in Mile 2 and held it together for another Mile then died.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=5.0

2/1- Meltdown #3 on the year.  1 Mile on Lakeshore in 9:37.  Tried ADHS and needless to say, it was a failure.

PM- 2 miles at Gold's in 17:30 (8:45 pace).  Not much better but it is a step in the right direction.
Grade:F/2 credits/distance=3.0

Weekly summary:
Until further notice, I done with the liver pill.  I still don't know why I am so intolerant to it.  A detox may help but it's too risky with race season just 3 weeks away so I will hold off. A Cp value in the 23s is not too bad. I think I will go back to whole food C in an effort to reduce the zinc/copper sensitivity.  I'll have to take it in the evening because it can give me GI distress on the run.  I've go to focus on getting my tissue Na down.  It's probably about 100 now and if I am consistent with the Thym-Adren, it will be near 70 by the end of the month.
Distance= 32.0/ GPA= 18.6/8= 2.29
YTD: 170 miles.  Record: 1-3 with a 2.65 GPA.

2 comments:

misha said...

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/the-running-blog/2015/jan/27/joy-of-fellrunning-mud-sweat-and-solidarity Read this great article on running today. Thought you might like it.

Cheers

Miche

Crazy J said...

Thanks Miche. Enjoyed it.