Sunday, January 18, 2015

Training 1/19-1/25

Preview:
After the flip in symptoms, I expect to take a bit of a step back this week.  I want to test the Liver Beef and hope to get a quick NO and not have to worry about it more than once per week.  I am undecided on another detox.   The weather should improve soon so I hope to start interval work this week.  I may or may not do a time trial.

1/19- MLK Daylight run.  I still don't know why anyone would want to run in the cold and dark when they don't have to.  Did the standard 9 mile Trak Shak loop + S. Lakeshore extension for 10 miles in 74:54 (7:29 pace).  Solid but unspectacular.  Slight fade in Mile 8-9 but did rally at the end to secure the sub-7:30 overall.
Grade:B+/2 credit/distance=10.0

Update: Took a liver pill and got an immediate negative reaction.  That's good news I suppose.  If I have to take a day off tomorrow, so be it.  Also, I am dropping the Vitamin C from the formula because I don't feel it is helping.  If I have trouble with zinc hereafter, that changes things.

1/20- AM- The liver hasn't cleared yet so it was meltdown #2 on the year.  Quit after 1 Mile in 8:55.  The only good news is that I was better with zinc (4:36-4:19) plus a cool.

PM- Beginning to feel better.  Lakeshore 2.5 in 20:45 (8:18 pace).  I should be back to the new normal by tomorrow evening.  Liver + Thym-Adren is a NO!  With ADHS, it might be better.  If that doesn't work, I'm done with it until further notice.  My ceruloplasmin is not bad.  Tissue sodium is.  I'll count this as my rest day but no more freebies this week.
Grade:None/distance= 4.0

1/21- AM.  Lame 3 miler at Gold's in 23:27 (7:49 pace).  An incremental improvement over yesterday but the recovery is slow.  May or may not run this evening.  I've decided to do a mini-detox this weekend and if I still cannot tolerate the liver, I'm done with it indefinitely.

PM- Did not run.  I have learned that zinc and Whole Food C must be eliminated.  That's right.  The same stuff that made me feel better yesterday no longer works. My system is working completely differently now.  It's back to the Cal/Mag + Thym-Adren.  If I hit another roadblock, it's over.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=3.0

1/22- System apparently has yet to clear.  Slightly worse than yesterday.  3 miles in 23:56 (7:59 pace) with a pretty nasty fade at the end.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=3.0

1/23- Marginally better.  3 miles in 22:41 (7:34 pace) with even splits.  Feeling the full effects of moderate-severe thyroid and adrenal over-activity.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=3.5

1/24- Lakeshore 5 in 36:15 (7:15 pace).  Slipped a bit on the back half (17:58-18:17) but this is a significant change from yesterday.  I've decided to wait on the detox until Spring.  The number one priority is the tissue sodium not the copper.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=5.4

1/25- Mercedes half course trial run in a solid 1:35:44 (7:18 pace) with pretty even splits.  Yes, I was pushing it but not racing all out.  I may have found someone who matches my pace too.  I ran the last 8 miles with a guy named Ian, who could be a new running buddy.  If I was racing this course all out, I think my time would have been in the low 1:34s so this was encouraging.  Still taking mega Thym-Adren and improving rapidly.
Grade:A-/2 credit/distance=13.1

Weekly summary:
Strong finish to the week was not enough to overcome early stumbles.  I hope to get back to the winning track next week.
Distance= 42.0/ GPA= 22.0/8= 2.75
YTD: 140 miles.  Record: 1-2 with a 2.77 GPA

No comments: