Sunday, January 11, 2015

Training 1/12-1/18

Preview:
I did take a liver pill after my run on Sunday.  I am noticeably more sluggish but it's not an extreme reaction and I hope that it will clear by tomorrow.  I'll be shooting for 35-40 miles with a 12-13 mile long run.  I don't think I'll have time for both a 5K and Mile time trial but I want to see a sub-21 5K and a Mile near 5:45.  No slower than 5:50.  Surprisingly, the Endodren arrived and I hope to see further improvements as a result.  Most importantly, I want to see slow oxidation on the HTMA.

1/12- First day on the Endodren and felt a definite increase in energy but progress continues to be steady.  5K time trial in 20:45 (6:40 pace).  Splits were 6:34-6:44-6:44-43.  33 ticks better than last week but still a long way from a PR.  Again, I do NOT want to get it all back only to lose it again. If I can drop 11 in a Mile time trial, I'll be quite pleased.  I won't consider myself "back" until I am CONSISTENTLY under 20 and 5:30.  I think I can get there before racing season.
In other news, the HTMA is in the mail.  No matter what it says, I am feeling better.
Grade:B/2 credits/distance=3.5

1/13- I thought it was going to be a downer today when I woke up but not so.  A couple interesting observations.  I've had a toothache off and on, which goes away whenever I favor Magnesium over Calcium.  I had nasty dandruff this morning and yes, I showered when I woke up but popped a zinc pill at lunchtime and it was almost gone.  Those who know about mineral balance would not be surprised by either development.  My normally oily hair and skin has become dry, which is another sign of slow oxidation.
Easy 6 in 44:46 (7:28 pace) with even splits of 22:20-22:26.  Nice job.  Felt much like my old self.  Very smooth and relaxed.
Grade:A/1 credit/distance=6.0

1/14- AM- Group run.  Easy 5 on Lakeshore in a time of 39:09 (7:50 pace).  Not a bad workout but something felt a little off.  I may be back out there this evening.

PM- The Cal/Mag balance was a little off but thanks to the taurine, I won't be horrible if the formula is off.  Took a Cal pill and recovered the form from yesterday.  Easy 5 in 37:11 (7:26 pace).  Even pace with splits of 18:32-18:39.  I'll take it.
Grade:B+/2 credit/distance=10.5

1/15- Planned rest day.  I hope to do a Mile time trial tomorrow but that could be rough in cold weather.
PM- The HTMA results were supposedly mailed on Tuesday but I've yet to receive them.  Tomorrow for sure or I'll call the office.  The Mile will have to be run in either sub-freezing conditions outdoors or on a 9 lap indoor track with tight turns.  Either way, I'm not expecting a great time but I've already made the goal in the 5K this week.

1/16- AM.  Indoor Mile in 5:48-flat.  I'll take it.  Put me out there on a good track in decent weather and I'm sure I would have been sub-5:45.  Splits were 1:55-1:59-1:54.

PM- Lakeshore 5 in pleasant conditions.  Finished an evenly paced 5 miles in 37:16 (7:27 pace) with splits of 18:35-18:41.  Got home to find not so good news in the mail.  My HTMA looks better than last time but I remain a very fast oxidizer.  More to come.
Grade:B+/2 credit/distance=7.0

1/17- BTC group run.  I'm stuck in the middle.  Too fast for the 8:00 pace group but not fast enough to stick with the sub-3 group.  Today was my longest run since Tulsa nearly 2 months ago.  Finished 13 miles in 1:41:38 (7:48 pace).  I was doing well through about 10.5 miles then I hit the wall and it was brutal going up the hill that sucks at the end.  Overall, I'll take it.  I have switched back to the Thym-Adren in light of my HTMA results and the transition seems to be going without a hitch. Need a "C minus" tomorrow for a win.
Grade:B-/2 credit/distance=13.0

1/18- Resolute run.  Called it quits at 4.5 miles in 35:23 (7:52 pace) then tacked on a 5 minute cool.  Really struggled on the back half but it was mostly uphill.  Sore legs and stiff joints this morning plus bad dandruff are all signs that more zinc is needed.  Took some later in the day and seemed to get better.  I'm not going to worry about my hair zinc/copper ratio.  Everything else suggests that I need more zinc.  Zinc is key to lowering the high Na/K ratio.  I could not tolerate it before but now I can, which is good news.

PM- Moderate Mile on Wisteria.  Felt much better.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=6.0

Weekly summary:
Good enough to snap a 7 week losing streak and I did show progress but my symptoms have flipped back to what they should be.  Next week could be rough.
Distance= 46.0/ GPA= 30.9/10= 3.09
YTD: 98 miles.  1-1 with a 2.78 GPA

No comments: