Monday, December 8, 2014

Training 12/8-12/14 (possible race)

12/8 AM- 2 mile quickie in 15:40 with a steady 7:50 pace.  I'm not complaining about another improvement of more than 1:00/mile literally overnight.  Went with no Thym-Adren and just 1 liver pill with glutathione.  I did take 1 serving of Cal/Mag.  I expect to run 3-4 this evening at a similar pace, maybe slightly faster.

PM- Easy 4 in 30:49 (7:42 pace).  Double the distance from this morning at a slightly faster pace but I still don't feel good about this one.  It should have been better considering that I've been off Thym-Adren for 36 hours.  I may have to up my liver dosage, which would be fine with me.  I KNOW that my ceruloplasmin will rise as a result of that.  Speaking of which, the testing will be done tomorrow and I will get the results by the end of the week.  Cp had BETTER be on the north side of 20 especially since I've been on the liver for 5 days.  I really don't care if my unbound copper is high.  I know I can bring that down.  I will try again to quit sugar tomorrow.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=6.0

12/9- Unplanned rest day.  Took a 2nd liver pill and began feeling better then got greedy and took a 3rd, which was a disaster.  Did not even attempt a workout.  I was sugar free today and got tested.  I really do enjoy getting stuck with a needle but if the Cp is close to 25, I may not need to do it much longer.

12/10- VERY POOR!  3 miles in 25:21 (8:27 pace) and needed to rally at the end for a sub-8:30 overall.  Faded badly at the end too.  Splits were 12:20-13:01.  Cut the liver pills from 3 to 2 and it wasn't enough.  That does it.  I'm going back to the Thym-Adren no matter what the lab results.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=3.0

12/11- AM Back on the Thym-Adren and improved significantly.  2 miles in 14:56 (7:28 pace) with splits of 7:32-7:24.  Anxiously awaiting the lab results.

PM- Lakeshore 5 in 38:32 (7:42 pace).  Not half bad for a standard issue run.  Strong negative split too.  1st half : 19:27, 2nd half: 19:05.  Took some zinc and ate a high copper protein bar.  The results are in:
Ceruloplasmin 21.1 (+1.2) but still sub-optimal
Copper- 74 (-11) low
Zinc-68 (low)
More to come in a separate post.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=7.0

12/12- 1st day on new formula (zinc+ liver).  1 liver pill was not enough and I knew it before the workout.  Felt a lot better on 2 liver so that means that my Cp could rise even faster than I predicted.  Workout was a 3 mile tempo at Golds in a time of 19:55 (6:38 pace).  That time would be acceptable in a 5K but not a 3 mile.  This is equivalent to about 20:40 for a full 5K and a "C" grade in a race setting but it was probably my best showing overall since Tulsa.  Added a glacial cool down.
Grade:B-/2 credit/distance=4.0

12/13- Just wanted a non-horrible MLR and I got it today.  Run with the slow gnomes, who are not arrogant and are a friendlier group but often talk about things I don't care about.  Did the Trak Shak 8 plus the Dexter loop for a total of 10 miles in a time of 78:45 (7:52 pace).  First double digit run since Tulsa and I've hit 30 on the week for the first time in a while.  I was hoping to do a little better today but I'll take it.  I got slightly worse after taking a morning Cal/Mag.  Hmm.  I believe it's the Cal, not the Mag that is the issue.  Maybe a 500/750 combo, which suggests that my tissue potassium may be normalizing.
Grade:C+/2 credit/distance=10.0

12/14- Gold's 5 in a solid time of 36:50 (7:22 pace).  Better but I still feel "off."  The only difference in the formula was cutting the Cal from 750 to 500.  The zinc/copper balance is still not right.  15 mg zinc with 1 liver pill favors zinc too much.  Adding a 2nd liver pill seems to favor copper too much.  Tomorrow, I'm going with 30 mg zinc and 3 liver pills, which is roughly a 10:1 ratio.  Again, it is RIDICULOUS that 1 pill makes that much difference.  I'm not aware of anything for sensitivity to zinc/copper but the Cal/Mag is still okay.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=5.0

Weekly summary:
I've clinched another losing season.  Bring on 2015.
Distance=35.0/ GPA= 19.3/8= 2.41
YTD= 1,707 miles.  Record: 22-26 with a 2.66

No comments: