Monday, December 1, 2014

Training 12/1-12/7

12/1- AM.  2 miles in 15:40 (7:50 pace) with splits of 7:48-7:52.  Went with all ADHS.  Improving.

PM- Gold's 4 in 30:52 (7:43 pace) with perfect splits of 15:26 each.  That's still weak but I get a decent grade because of the massive improvement over yesterday.  Took some cysteine and got an immediate negative reaction so that's a NO.  Also, it did NOT help me tolerate Thym-Adren.  That stuff is poison until I take the liver pills.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=6.0

12/2- Planned rest day.  I feel rotten today but that's to be expected.  I had to try the cysteine and it didn't work.  It should clear by tomorrow morning.

PM- 2 mile junk run on Wisteria and it sucked but I am 2 miles closer to 1,800 on the year.  No more freebies.
Grade:None/0 credit/distance=2.0

12/3- Gold's 4 in 29:21 (7:20 pace).  Fastest pace in more than 2 weeks.  Continued improvement.  I'm going with the ADHS until it stops working (which it will) but at the first sign of trouble, I'm switching to the liver glandular.
Grade:B+/1 credit/distance=4.0

12/4- Sudden shift!  Felt terrible all morning and I knew that I needed to switch to the liver glandular.  Did an easy 5 on Lakeshore and finished in 39:17 (7:51 pace).  Rather pedestrian overall but it was a nice progression from an 8:08 down to a 7:32.  I'm actually fairly upbeat about this development.  There will be sudden shifts and if it happens on race day, it's just bad luck.  I hope I can take pre-emptive action to prevent a disaster on a goal race.  The ADHS serves no real purpose except to keep me afloat until I can tolerate the liver pill.  Now, I know that my ceruloplasmin will rise.  I'll get tested next week.
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=5.0

12/5- Weak tempo.  3 miles in 20:30 (6:50 pace) plus a warm and cool. Even pace (10:16-10:14).  It was good to see a sub-7 pace again.  It may take a couple days to reach equilibrium on the liver pill but that's okay.  Grading is still lenient but I need a good weekend and cannot afford to lose again.  In a hollow victory, I have clinched a 2.50 GPA on the year, which is better than last year.
Grade:C+/2 credit/distance=4.0

12/6- Gold's 4 in 30:00 (7:30 pace) plus a mile cool.  Felt very sluggish and was fading at the end.  Splits were 14:47-15:13 but a 5th mile would have been ugly.  I believe a high copper protein bar to be the culprit.  Need an "A" to win and it's not looking good.  Package from my supplement company arrived and it's the wrong product!  That means I may run out before the new one arrives and will have to endure another rough couple days.  SUCKS!
Grade:B-/1 credit/distance=5.0

12/7- AM-This is the death-knell for my year-end goals.  1 Mile on Wisteria in 9:44.  The culprit was not the high copper protein bar.  It is the Thym-Adren.  The last time that I was on the liver glandular, I started on 6 Thym-Adren and went down to 3 then was back to 6 when I went off it.  I have no idea what to make of this but I'll soon find out with testing next week.  I may attempt to run again in the afternoon but don't expect much improvement.

PM- Learned that my liver glandular does indeed contain 2 ingredients (choline and Vitamin A) that DO slow the oxidation rate, which makes me feel a little better.  When I get my HTMA and copper panel results, I'll have a good idea of how this will play out.  I did run again on Wisteria and got the expected marginal improvement.  2 miles in 17:48 (8:54 pace) but I managed to run the upside slightly faster than the down side.
Grade:F+/2 credit/distance=3.0

Weekly summary:
OUCH.  3rd consecutive BAD loss.  I'm guaranteed a non-winning record and a GPA below 2.75.  I'll still keep trying and shoot for .500 and a 2.70 with 1800 miles.  I already clinched more wins and a higher GPA than last year and need just 82 more miles in 3+ weeks
Distance=29.0/ GPA= 16.9/8= 2.11
YTD: 1,672 miles.  Record: 22-25 with a 2.66 GPA

No comments: