Monday, July 7, 2014

Training 7/7-7/13

7/7-Planned on running 6 miles but hit the wall near the end of 4.  Treated the 5th mile like a cool down and finished the distance in 38:56 (7:47 pace) with a 5th Mile close to 9:00.  This was a downer because I felt good in the morning.  I think it was the liver drops that did it this time and I just don't understand why my system is rejecting supps that are supposedly good for my chemistry.  My only explanation is that perhaps it is causing the detox to proceed faster than it is designed to naturally.  I don't think extra Cal/Mag was the problem and I'm up to 500 of each.  Kidney supp has arrived today and I'm holding off on it for now.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=5.0

7/8- Unplanned rest day.  Still hurting after yesterday's experiment.  Good news is that I don't think Cal/Mag is the problem.  May actually do a junk run this afternoon.

PM- Decided to do the junk run.  1 mile on Wisteria.  Did the first half in 3:29 then shut it down and jogged the up side.  If I had done a "real" workout today, I would have been okay in a standard issue run but not a tempo or interval.  I'll hold off on the kidney supp until the weekend.
Grade:Pass/0 credit/distance=1.0

7/9- Bad to worse.  Run with the Gnomes and embarrassingly, I led the group through 2 miles then died and did not even finish the workout.  Planned on 7 and finished with just 4.5 and walk/jogged the last Mile.  Time for 4 miles was 31:44 (7:56 pace) with a last mile in 9:22.  It's becoming clear that Calcium is the issue and perhaps both the Mag and the liver drops are okay after all.  Again, calcium intolerance makes NO sense given the medical report.  Oh yeah, I need 250 mg of that stuff.  Neither more nor less.  SUCKS TO BE ME!
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=4.5

PM Update: Took some liver drops and felt worse so I pitched it.  Need extra Mag without Cal and that's it.  I may struggle again tomorrow.

7/10- AM- Struggled as expected.  2 miles in 15:52 (7:56 pace) but did manage a slight negative spilt.  Barring a reaction to Mag, I expect to do okay this evening.

PM- Bad reaction to extra Mag.  3 miles in 25:42 (8:34 pace).  Died in Mile 2 but held it in Mile 3.
I may recover my form by tomorrow but I was visibly sick today.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=5.0

7/11- AM- Spain Park Mile WITHOUT Endodren in 5:57.2 (90-92-91-84).  BIG confidence booster to run a sub-6 without adrenal glandulars.  I barely broke 6:30 last time.

PM- Spain Park Mile WITH Endodren in 5:37.2 (83-86-88-80).  Fastest time since 2012. Solid performance but I was actually hoping to do a little better.  In fairness, this was done in 90 degree weather.  I'm betting that's worth a 5:32ish if it was 20 degrees cooler.  The gap in performance has narrowed to just 20 seconds depending on the pills.  I predict that by the end of the month, I will be slightly SLOWER with the Endodren.  When that happens, I will cut out that pill.
Finished with a 1.5 mile cool through the woods at Veteran's Park.
Grade:B+/2 credit/distance=4.0

7/12- AM- DNF on the Gnome run.  Totaled 4.5 miles in a turtle time of 37:10 (8:16 pace).  A couple sprays of transdermal Mag was the culprit.  I need a 1:1 ratio with the Cal.  The experiments with the zinc and liver supps failed but were aimed at reducing the sensitivity.
PM- With the week already lost, I figured that I'd try the kidney supp and it also failed.
Grade:D/1 credit/distance=4.5

7/13- Lame 5 miler at Gold's in 39:13 (7:51 pace) but I did manage to get through it without bonking.  Everything I tried this week has failed.
Grade:C/1 credit/distance=5.0
Penalty:
Failure to complete a 2nd quality session
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=0
Weekly summary:
I expected to lose this week but I never thought it would be this bad.  Absolutely nothing worked and I will go back to the old formula.  My only hope for solving the sensitivity is monthly liver flushes.
Distance=29.0/GPA= 13.3/8=1.66
YTD: 912 miles.  Record: 12-15 with a 2.62 GPA

No comments: