Monday, April 14, 2014

Training 4/14-4/20

4/14- AM-  Took the heavy dose of moly and it was a bad call.  Oh well, I had to try it out.  I wanted to do a 3 mile tempo and I was out well but it quickly became apparent that I was over-stimulated.  Passed half mile in 3:17 fading fast then walked for minute and turned it into an easy run.  Did the next 2 miles at a steady 7:45 pace for an overall moving time of 18:50 for 2.5 miles (7:32 pace).

PM- No improvement over the morning session.  In fact, I was slightly worse.  3 miles in 23:46 (7:55 pace) plus a glacial cool down.  Started out in the low 7:50s and could not pick it up but did not slow down too much either.  The 500 mcg of moly is too much.  That leaves me with one option (Moly-Cu).  It's all or nothing now.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=6.0

4/15- Gold's 5 in 37:46 (7:33 pace).  Faded.  1st 2 miles were both a comfortable 7:25 then the calf muscles started to tighten up.  It was a gradual fade to 7:45 by Mile 5 but not a collapse.  Solid improvement over yesterday but a bit of a letdown.  I may need to cut the moly.  Once the excess copper is gone, the fast oxidation kicks in hard and it will be all Thym-Adren.  We shall see what happens but it will be no more than 200 mcg of moly.  I'll start with 1 tomorrow and see how I feel.  I'm really hoping to get up for a morning workout.  It will be freezing cold so I'll be at Gold's.
Grade:B/1 credit/distance=5.0

4/16- AM.  Tried to see what I could do without the moly and the answer came quickly.  Half mile at tempo effort in a blazing 3:58.  That told me enough right there.  Popped a pill and ran a Mile at the same effort and improved to 6:34.  That's better but still not nearly good enough.  Took another moly shortly after I arrived at work and felt similar to yesterday (not terrible but overstimulated) and not up for a tempo.  Gotta be something missing.

PM- Went with an extra Cal pill to bring my Cal/Mag balance from a 2:3 back up to 1:1.  The over-stimulation faded quickly and if anything, I was a tad sluggish.  Trak Shak 5 in a solid 33:21 (6:40 pace).  This was my best 5 mile showing since Week 2.  Popped a 3rd moly after dinner and it's too soon to tell if it was a good call.  I've learned something big out of this.  The Cal seems to stabilize my system, which makes sense because it regulates cell membrane permeability.  With the extra Cal, I may have been okay on 500 mcg of moly but for the time being, I'd like to keep it at 200 or 300.
Grade:A-/2 credits/distance=7.0

4/17- Junk run.  First time on 3 moly pills.  Tried to run a hard mile and was on a 5:40-5:45 pace through 600 but my watch cut off.  I just cruised the next 6.5 laps and could tell that I was over-stimulated.  I tried extra Thym-Adren but it didn't help.  That's not the problem.  It's the low Cal and it will just take a few days for the adjusted dose to kick in.
Grade:Pass/0 credit/distance=2.0

4/18- Left work early on Good Friday and ran a strong 6 at Gold's in a time of 43:44 (7:17 pace).  Every mile was between 7:15-7:20.  I may have found the winning formula.  3 moly pills worked well.  I want to stick with 750 Cal but may bump it up to 1,000.  I only need a decent long run to win this week.
Grade:A/1 credit/distance=6.0

4/19- STRONG.  Lakeshore 15 in 1:52-flat (7:28 pace).  11 of 15 were 7:30 or below.  Fell asleep a bit in the 2nd leg but came back strong at the end.  Fastest mile of the day was #15 at 7:13 going slightly uphill.  Splits were 37:21-37:41-36:58.  Good job.  Need only a "D-" tomorrow to get a win this week.  The 2 Oceans marathon was today.  Some day I will make it down to Cape Town and run that one.
Grade:A-/2 credit/distance=15.0

4/20- Resurrection day.  Crestline 6 in 44:43 (7:27 pace).  On the day after a hard long run, I was able to match the pace.  Very good.  Sure, I could feel yesterday's effort but fought through it.  Route was Dexter-Euclid-Dexter, which was gently rolling most of the way.  Only negative was that I faded a bit on the back half (22:05-22:38) but the back leg of Euclid was mostly uphill and I allowed myself to relax a bit more.  When I am feeling well, this type of training pace is really NOT that hard.
Grade:A-/1 credit/distance=6.0

Weekly summary:
This may be the best overall week of the year.  Let's keep it up and finally get a winning streak going.  The moly is working and so is the extra Cal.  Thym-Adren dosage may be cut soon.  I believe my tissue sodium has dropped into the 50s now and the potassium is under 20.  Perhaps by the end of May, it will be on target at 30/10.  I am 4-4 since the hip injury.
Distance= 47.0/GPA= 27.2/8= 3.40
YTD: 500 miles.  Record: 6-9 with a 2.52 GPA


No comments: