Sunday, March 30, 2014

Training 3/31-4/6 (race week)

3/31- I normally take off Monday in a race week but this time I really need to test how I feel without the Cal.  The plan is just an easy 3 and we'll see when I wake up in the morning.

PM- 3 mile double out and back on Jemison trail in a time of 24:07 (8:02 pace).  Very poor performance.  I recognized even before the run that the Cal was not the problem after all.  I was VERY overstimulated without it and was quite unproductive at work.  I took some extra Thym-Adren and was only slightly better..  Did the first 1.5 mile leg in 12:14 then took the Cal and managed an 11:53 on the back leg.  That's barely enough improvement to be statistically significant.  So if it's not the Calcium, what is the problem?  It's got to be too much Thym-Adren.  That raises a lot of questions and concerns.  I'm sure that my imbalances are still in the moderate range so if the dosage goes below 3, I'll have to detox again.  Will I get flooded with copper again?  Well, I know what to do if that does happen but it could be rough.
Grade:D+/1 credit/distance=3.0

4/1- COMPLETE COLLAPSE!  Opened with 4 Thym-Adren and hit Gold's for a Mile at standard effort.  I started off near 8:00 pace then ran each lap slower than the previous one and finished in 9:30.  Popped a 5th pill and was even worse!  Then, I took the normal Cal/Mag and stiffened up even more.  That leaves only one option left.  DETOX IS TOMORROW!  My last round was on 2/7 so figure I made it 7-8 weeks versus only 3 weeks after the first one.  Not too surprised this happened.  This does suck but at least it didn't happen on my Nova Scotia or Virginia trip.  There are still 2 big questions to be answered.  Will my system be flooded with toxic copper again?  If that answer is yes, I know not to touch the stimulator.  Can I take selenium and C with Thym-Adren or will I need the modulator?
Grade:F/1 credit/distance=1.5

4/2- Detox day.  No running.  I have ordered a product called GB-3, which I had looked into before.  It aids liver function and may prevent a copper overload.  Worth a try.  Race day is only 3 days away and I am questionable at best.

4/3- AM Detox was about as painless as I could expect but I haven't gotten out many stones. Yes, there are some but not nearly as many as last time.  Not sure what to make of that but at the end of the day, all that matters is being able to take Thym-Adren plus Cal/Mag.  That's what I need to get into balance.  We shall see what happens this afternoon.  Workout will be an easy run at Gold's with a toilet available every lap.  In other news, I have booked the Nova Scotia hotels.  Just like Dumb and Dumber, I'm really doing it now!

PM- I did have to go 2 more time in the afternoon and passed more stones but it still wasn't as much as last time.  I'm not sure if the detox was necessary or helpful this time around.  The Thym-Adren is NOT the problem after all.  It is the copper toxicity for sure.  I have 2 offsetting imbalances and when the copper toxicity takes over, it is the fatigue that will dominate.  The Thym-Adren is too strong so I've got to go with the modulator at least for the next week or so.  It's possible that the GB-3 will help and it's possible that the selenium will help as well so I hope to be back to the Thym-Adren after next week.  Yes, I did train today.  3 miles at Gold's in an overall time of 23:12 (7:44 pace).  Took off at 8:00 pace and held it through the first mile.  Then, I took some selenium and improved to 7:38-7:34 over the last 2 miles.  That is a statistically significant improvement.  The selenium STAYS in the formula.
Grade:C+/1 credit/distance=3.5

4/4- 5 mile tempo in 34:54 (6:59 pace).  Hard fought last mile in 6:42 to break 35.  1st half: 17:37, 2nd half: 17:17.  This is still about 2 minutes slower than my average at my peak but I get a decent grade because of the improvement over the past 2 days.  Today I went with the ADHS+ selenium.  I want to try the GB-3 as well as the molydenum.  The latter will also have to be ordered online.
Grade:B/2 credits/distance=5.0

4/5- Today my system rejected the selenium.  That's two times this has happened.  I do better on selenium for a few days then my system rejects it.  No idea why.  That is not good news.  This means that the GB-3 or molybdenum MUST work or I may never clear the excess copper.  Attempted to run long today and ran a steady 7:50 pace for about 4 miles then faded in Mile 5 then crashed in Mile 6.  I stopped the watch at 5 miles in 39:23 (7:53 pace) then walk/jogged another mile and caught a ride back to the Shak from Jennifer.  I will try to go long again tomorrow.
Grade:C-/1 credit/distance=6.0

PM- Took half a selenium and felt considerably worse.  This confirms that it won't work.  Zinc didn't work either and recently, Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) didn't work either.  I don't have much confidence in the GB-3 because it seems to do the same things as the liver flush.  I have just 3 options left after the GB-3.  1) A different form of Vitamin C, 2) Molybdenum, 3) Manganese.  All 3 will increase tissue sodium BUT getting rid of the copper will lower it so I figure it's a zero sum effect.  If none of those work, I SHOULD be able to take the modulator long-term.  If that's the case, I will remain mild-moderately unbalanced.  I will not PR again but should maintain decent ability.

4/6- AM Manganese has failed.  I don't even need to run to know it.  Only 2 options remain.  GB-3 should arrive early next week.  Molybdenum will take longer.  The latter seems to be my best chance because it is specifically used to bind excess copper.  I may attempt a run this evening but it will be junk miles.

PM- Junk mile in 9:46 at Gold's.  Rubidium is another option if both the GB-3 and Molybdenum fail.
Grade:F/2 credit/distance=1.0

Weekly summary:
Worst non-injury week of the year.  Everything I tried failed.  'Nuff said.
Distance=20.0/ GPA= 11.3/8= 1.41
YTD: 410 miles.  Record: 5-8 with a 2.41 GPA

No comments: